Yay! I finally made it to the Harvard music library earlier this week... an item that's been on my "should-do list" since August 2009. The sheet music collection here is pretty good, and the selection for music literature is also good! Later when I have a few free hours, or need to get work done and get nostalgic for my "old" college days, that's where I might be! (though, as with the UVa music library, I might waste more time browsing through the collection than getting work done)
However, I do not like the "CDs are available for in-use library only" rule here. Also, it was ridiculously unoccupied (probably because it was a Tuesda evening): I saw one guy plunking away silently on a keyboard with his giant headphones, and another guy scribbling on large orchestral-sized staff paper. That was it! Part of what I liked about the UVa music library was always bumping into the small number of "regulars" who essentially resided in OCH, I wonder if that happens here too. Well, anyway, I was quite amused by the homey bathrooms in this music library. It was one of those unisex bathrooms [an actual bathroom, not a restroom] that you would expect to see in a personal home or a bed&breakfast :)
On a whole different note, another season of premeds interviewing at Harvard Med School begins. The other day I saw a bunch of guys and girls dressed in black suits, wearing name tags and carrying a briefcase. This always puts me in a funky mood.
You should bring your computer and burn all the CDs you want as part of your in-library use.
ReplyDelete