- Hilary Hahn's Schoenberg & Sibelius
- Hilary Hahn's Bach: Violin & Voice
- Ashkenazy's Rachmaninov selections
The outer movements to the Sibelius are... fantastic. Mindblowing. The second movement, not so much, for me anyway. I can't really stand the Schoenberg yet. It's just... :-/ Ick.
The Violin & Voice album is interesting. The compositional style is all very Baroque, of course, but the sound I'm hearing... not so much. Well. The presence of a harpsichord/organ makes it feel very baroque-ish... but the very continuous, "sticky" sound that's really typical of Hilary adds an interesting twist. I guess I've gotten really used to hearing solo Bach in a romanticized manner, but not as much in this category (arias and duets from mostly cantatas). I'm not surprised though :)
---------------
I wish life would slow down a little!
Ana: okay, not to stress you out, but have you thought about what you're gonna apply to?
me: ANAAAAAA
lskjdflksjkfldjlsdkfjkfs x-(
Ana: hahaha
ok ok
NVMMMM
me: that's like asking a girl how much she weighs
Ana: HAHAHAHA
Hm. Okay. So that was that. It's creepy how fast time is going by though. Holy crap, it's already past mid-January 2010!! I don't know where time goes anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment