Yay! I'm starting the crystallization screening process. Here's to hoping I get something pretty.
------------------
On a completely different note, Hilary Hahn's bow control is top notch. Really! In the 3rd movt of her Sibelius, the opening bow stroke (which... I have to say is very difficult) is incredible. I feel like I can actually hear the bow gripping on the violin strings and producing a "sticky" sound, while still being rhythmically sharp. But when it comes to melodic passages, I think her playing is the epitome of the "endless bow" notion. In her latest Bach album, sure, people say that you shouldn't play Bach that way, but I think it's beautiful! All the notes are crystal clear, her intonation is perfect as always, and I can't hear her bow change at all, whether it's in the midst of crazy 16th notes or long, melodious, slurred notes. Everything is so continuous, and shaped beautifully.
Nikolaj Znaider, playing with the BSO led by Sir Colin Davis, playing the hour long Elgar violin concerto = tonight. Though... I have to admit: this is one of the violin concertos I'm really unfamiliar with. Because it's an hour long piece (double the usual length), it always seemed too daunting to get through.
No comments:
Post a Comment