Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My entries are so sparse now! There hasn't been too much to update, really. My MCAT score came out yesterday, and (thankfully?) it's not horrendously low to the point where I cross med schools off of my list ;) But I *freaked out* for a few hours surrounding the score release. And apparently, some people responded accordingly:



Rolando: hey lauren
Rolando: are you alright?
Rolando: listen, if you are really upset about this all we can consider giving it away to adoption ... or even abortion

Well, in any case. It's decided - I'm gonna go buy the 15" Macbook Pro this Saturday, with the glossy screen that it comes with, with iLife, and without Applecare.

Apparently, there's a Brookline Symphony Orchestra that's making a comeback after a 10-year hiatus. The obvious advantage to this - it's in Brookline, so I won't have to travel all the way to Newton, Cambridge, Longwood, or whatever the alternatives are. It looks like they have some Wagner, a Mozart Symphony, and Beethoven #7 (!!) on the first program, and they plan on having just 3 concerts in the upcoming season. I'm debating whether to audition or not (audition date? it's really soon, May 9 or so). My poor violin hasn't been touched in... 2 months.

My yield at this point in the purification is unbelievably high. I remember this batch of cells grew really fast also (by more than 33%). I wonder why they are so happy, if that's what this even is!

No comments:

Post a Comment