Saturday, September 19, 2009

IKEA Trip #2: I planned on being back home by 1pm. Reality -- 4pm. I left at 8:30am, so this was a 7+ hour trip! :( I even had a shopping list, and my goal for the day was to *not deviate from the list.* But at places like Ikea, that is tough. For instance... weighing scale - $5 (I will be returning the BB&B one very soon), pen holder - $1, an oven mitten - $3, FOUR dish towels - $3, a floor lamp - $9, fleece throw blanket - $2.30, a pretty alarm clock - $3... etc. And the list continues. How do you let those opportunities pass??? They aren't unnecessary items either :)

So now my place is completely furnished (or will be by the end of this weekend, once I assemble everything). This trip ended with me dragging up (literally... one step at a time) a 65-pound box up to my second floor studio from the front door of the building.


But because this trip took so long, no cello this weekend :( Oh well, next weekend perhaps. But after realizing how much money I've spent since yesterday (or since I moved here, for that matter), I'm not so excited about paying for this cello rental, and I am fine about waiting. A week.

No comments:

Post a Comment