Friday, September 25, 2009

I've never really been much of a drinker, and I don't remember if alcohol in Virginia was any cheaper, but holy crap, alcohol is expensive. But after hearing a rave about this one bottle of wine at the cashier line last time, I decided to try it today. I usually hate wine, but this stuff is really good.

"Muscat de Saint Jean de Minervois is deep yellow-gold in color with a gorgeous nose of apricot, lychee, and floral notes. It is rich and full-bodied on the palate, with a long, seductive finish."

I don't know what they're talking about with the "floral notes" and the "long, seductive finish," but it's fruity enough that I like it.

--------

Today at lunch, I was talking to one of the visiting professors, where I went through the whole conversation having misheard one crucial word:

Connie: So I joined this book club here, it's been really great.
Me: [mishears the word "book" for "bug"] Oh...? What's that? [thinking I had heard "bug club"]
Connie: So we meet about once a month, we pick a book [a bug], and we discuss it over lunch; it's really fun.
Me: Wow, interesting. [wow, people here are dorks... who joins a "bug club"??]
... [conversation continues]...
Connie: Yeah, I had a hard time finding this next one though, must be a rare one; but my husband found it for me for my birthday! [which was yesterday]
Me: Haha, that's awesome! ...
Connie: Yeah, it's a fictional book about the Salem witch trial, which is really interesting to think about now that I'm here -- this happened like an hour north of where we are!
Me: [ohhhhh, smacks myself in the head; I must have sounded idiotic not knowing what a "book club" is]

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren!

    This is Ben... I'm stalking you. =P I like your blog! The bug club story was great. Haha

    ReplyDelete