Sunday, December 20, 2009

The new renter in the unit downstairs had a holiday gathering today. Apparently, she moved from two blocks away 2 months ago, and she's lived in Boston forever, so she has a lot of family and neighbors around. There was tons of food and she even had us take the leftovers. And she still had a ton of leftovers for herself, after serving 30+ people. That's how much food she had. And being the poor graduate I am, I stuffed down so much food, it was gross.

But it was really funny, apparently, I'm the "cellist upstairs."

For the whole six hours, as I talked with different people:
"where do you live?"
"right upstairs in the studio unit"
"ohhhh you're the cellist that Emilie told us about! She told us, man, thank god she's a good cellist! We figured out that we can hear you best from our TV room over there!"
"haha.... oh..."
"so, I hear you're working on the Elgar cello concerto! boy, what a beautiful piece, you should play that for us next time!"


The pressure is on. Apparently, I'm fully audible from the downstairs TV room when I practice. And they want to hear me play the Elgar. Ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment