I've decided that I want a Macbook Pro, 15". Since I'll leave this current PowerBook in lab, this new laptop won't be destroyed from my banging it while on the bus and whatnot. I'd imagine that with less abusing, this MBP will last me more than the current one (~4 years before it started showing signs of annoyance), so might as well invest... since I don't have a TV and my laptop is my source of DVD-watching, and since my iTunes is bursting with music, the large screen size and memory capabilities should be great.
The only dilemma I have now is: When?!
There are so many rumors of new advancements coming out in the Macbook Pro models, and they are all thinking "any day" now. But this rumor has been circulating since late last year, and everyone predicted "early January," then the rumor got delayed to "late January, but certainly before February." Now it is a week into February and still no news! Well, actually, I don't care if I buy the current model as opposed to the new Intel processor (or whatever this "new update" is); just looking at the current models' specifications, I am 110% sure that it will be significantly better than what I have right now. And whenever I decide to buy a new Mac, there's always gonna be something new coming out within the following few months. But... the price?? Will the current MBP's price drop when this new version comes out? Or, actually, will they stop selling this current model...? Or even disregarding this, will the new iPad's release affect the price level of the MBP's? Hm, actually, I guess the latest speculation is doubtful.
Well, anyway, I really want one soon. But I don't know how much longer to wait...
This is too much computer-related thinking for me. I feel technologically deficient. I'm gonna go get a cup of frappucino.
I just got a MacBook Pro... and it's wonderful! Though some things (like, say, listening to music samples online) are much more complicated than in Windows.
ReplyDeleteYep! I have a Mac right now, and I love it :) But with age, it's gotten fairly slow... time for an update!
ReplyDelete