Sunday, December 6, 2009

I read that most people who pursue cello seriously during and/or beyond college typically own a cello worth ~$15,000 as a minimum. Craziness... But then again, that will only sustain me in this Boston apartment for slightly over a year.

Ugh I'm getting sick. I haven't had coffee in a few days... because I didn't want any! Also, the last time I stepped into Starbucks was when the new barista who screwed up my drinks many times in a row was working again. I stepped right back out. Meh.

It snowed very little in Boston last night... so I didn't really get to see it. There are still some piled on top of cars and stuff but most of the snow on the road/sidewalk has been shoveled as soon as the sun rose this morning. Seriously?!?! I guess people here are just well trained to shovel whenever they see snow. But I also haven't really felt like going outside. But the next time it snows more, I shall make a snow figurine of the RNC complex (and if I'm confident enough, the channel). Unfortunately, I left my camera back in VA over thanksgiving break, so I can't take a picture of it now anyway!

Oh, and I forgot to mention -- Thursday evening was Brookline's 1st "Light Festival." Strangely, there were no lights (and I mean, besides the normal level of traffic lights and store signs). I guess I expected something like UVA's Lighting of the Lawn, but I'd imagine that lighting up the whole town like that would be a bit tough.

I think my big project until I leave for Christmas break is to finish the food in my apartment, especailly after I bought the bagel pack from Panera's yesterday. Now things fall out of my freezer every time I open the door. I also noticed that I have two bottles of soy sauce, two bottles of sesame oil (same brand, might I add!), and two bottles of maple syrup. Apparently, I don't grocery shop very rationally. No wonder my food expenses were worse when I grocery shopped and cooked versus when I ate out a whole lot.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't want any coffee?!?

    & too bad you won't be here for Lighting of the Lawn. :-P

    ReplyDelete