Friday, May 21, 2010

Okay. So Facebook is getting creepy (though not very new or surprising):
On a different note, it's a little creepy that people on Facebook -- all 400 million of you -- are unwitting participants in these research studies, isn't it? As if there weren't already enough performance anxiety when writing one's status update. Now you've got to write about what you had for lunch and worry about what researchers think that says about your happiness level. Link
Apparently, facebook statuses were "studied" to come up with a statement that "getting engaged makes women unhappy." This is so ridiculous in many levels.

Also, Facebook/Zuckerberg "knows" who I'll date next:
“By examining friend relationships and communications patterns (Zuckerberg) could determine with about 33 percent accuracy who a user was going to be in a relationship with a week from now. To deduce this he studied who was looking which profiles, who your friends were friends with, and who was newly single, among other indicators.” Link
Seriously? -_-

I guess the internet is a creepy place in general. "Academia" lets me know when people google search my name, and I got googled twice this week. It also told me what search terms they used and from the fact that both searches were made in the U.S. :P I'm not sure why one would google me.

No comments:

Post a Comment