Weekend in summary:
1. Went to cello lesson -- I am at the same position I was in a couple of years ago with Mr. Colwell on Bach. Siiigh. But no matter what anyone else says (!!), I am very big on the super-mushy, heavily-romanticized rendition of Bach. The end. Ok, well, HHahn overdoes it just a tad, and MMaisky is just really, really, too indulgent sometimes, but... I still insist that the "historically accurate" performances just don't have the same level of intensity (I know half the world, if not more, disagrees with me on this one :P).
BUT! Despite my failure to play Popper #2 to anyone's satisfaction (unless one is deaf), my teacher gave me another one to work on - a whole page of double stops (with occasional left-hand pizzes. so cool so cool). It is a very pretty etude :)
Sadly, I have not touched the cello since that Sat AM lesson.
2. Went out for a drive -- sad story, but it was fun. Let me preface this by saying that I did not have a GPS or a map. Only written directions. So when I made one wrong-turn in a neighbor full of one-way streets or unlabeled streets with cars tailgating behind me because I'm going at 15 mph trying to figure out what turn to make, I was really lost. It became pathetic when I got lost multiple times :) But I somehow made it back. I also pulled some dangerous maneuvers on the highway -- at one point, I really just thought "ughhh I cannot miss this exit that's 3 lanes over that's coming up in 1/4 a mile. I'll have to change lanes now and pray I don't get hit." And I didn't get hit. :) Oh well. You can only get better at driving through practice, riiight??
But anyway, the route was pretty scenic :) And I've now gotten all desire to drive out of my system. I no longer want to drive for a while haha.
3. I am on a streak of FROYO obsession! The word "froyo" is soooo adorable. Anyway - now that the weather's getting warmer, I've been wanting some every day. But this isn't boding very well for my plans to lose belly fat. Hm, I guess it is non-fat frozen yogurt though. :) Ok, I just need to go exercise - that's all!
4. I cannot believe the class of 2010 just graduated!!! Where is time going?? (though, Happy Graduation to all those who graduated this past Saturday!!)
---
Sol is having his defense next week (already!)! He sent out an invitation for a party at his house that weekend. The options for the RSVP were:
- "my test tube runneth over!"
- "depends how the experiment goes"
- "sorry. i'll be in lab"
And the party is scheduled for 9:30pm-9:45pm on a Saturday :)
PS: when I hit the low point in my day, I went into the lunchroom, and shortly after, Robin walked in with a cup of Starbucks coffee, and upon my "omg is that coffeeeee?!" he decided to share the coffee. That totally made my day :D
No comments:
Post a Comment