Saturday, October 10, 2009

All Bostonians seem to be regular Dunkin Donuts fans (and Red Sox fans). That explains why in Boston, there is a Dunkin Donuts store every three blocks while there's a Starbucks every five blocks (on average; or so says the rumor anyway). In fact, one of the "101 ways you know you're from Boston" is:

Paranoia sets in if you can't see a Dunkin Donuts or CVS within eyeshot at all times.

Well... I finally stopped by Dunkin Donuts tonight and bought a dozen donuts -- probably not the smartest idea, since they're probably a thousand calories per piece, and I am the sole occupant in my apt responsible for finishing this box. But oh well. I got so stressed out with work stuff by last night that I think I got a little delirious, but now with this box of donuts, things should look up soon.

I walked around Harvard Square a bit today (it's a really pretty area!). Then Emily showed me where the Box Office and the Stage Door is at Symphony Hall (where the BSO performs!!). And from there, within a few block radius (I think), we also walked by the Berkelee school of music, the New England Conservatory, the Boston Conservatory, and a bunch of music stores. And of course the BU Music school wasn't too far off either. It is soooo crazy. Such a concentrated region of music-related stuff. And I splurged at the Symphony Hall Giftshop, and now, I think my credit card needs a few days off to recover.

There's a sheet music store called Music Espresso (I totally approve of this name), and it's fairly near lab. But I really do think I must postpone this visit before splurging once again.

Last note of the day: Oh Brahms...

No comments:

Post a Comment