Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Email #1 from HMS Office of Communications:

Regular seasonal flu vaccinations will be made available to students, faculty and staff in September, October and November, free of charge. ... Harvard University Health Services has ordered 19,000 doses of seasonal flu vaccine, up from 12,000 from previous years.

They had 6 offering dates. After the 2nd date, we get another email.

Email #2:

Due to a large demand for seasonal flu immunizations amid a national vaccine shortage, Harvard University has already distributed most of its vaccine stock. As a result, the last seasonal flu clinic will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2009 from 3 pm to 6 pm ... The clinic will remain open until all 300 doses have been administered, which might occur before 6 pm.

I head over at 2:45pm, and they were already turning people away at the door because there were over 300 people in line inside.

Ughh... I'm too pissed off at too many things already. If I get the flu this year, it's all HMS's fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment